So the new year’s ambitions are going quite well, really. It’s odd, some I thought would be easier are stalling a little (a fortnight of sniffles has kept me out of the pool, for example) whereas others are progressing nicely! Here’s the stats so far:
1. Write a 10,000 word children’s story. So far: 0/10,000.
2. Write 200 letters/ cards / notes / postcards. So far: 12/200.
3. Swim twice a week. So far: 1/104.
4. Go for three months without buying anything from Starbucks (June, July and August). This should help with #10 and #13 too! So far: 0/92.
5. Write a blog post a day for the whole of 2012. 32/366.
6. Go for three months with no alcoholic beverages (January, March, and May). This should help with #10 and #13 too! So far: 31/93.
7. Complete all 52 weeks of a Project Life book and send it off to be published. So far: 4/52.
8. Give blood. So far: 0/1
9. Read 52 books in the 52 weeks of 2012. So far: 4/52.
10. Become ‘overweight’ rather than ‘obese’. So far: 10/66.
11. Volunteer for 3 hours per month (or equivalent of). So far: 7/36.
12. Walk 500 Miles. So far: 40/500.
13. Have the equivalent of 2 months salary saved up for a rainy day. So far: 68%/100%
14. Go out and have fun, do things (parties, movies, gigs, theatre etc.) at least 4 times a month. So far: 6/48.
Did you set any new year’s targets? How are they going?