Two months in….and how are we doing?
1. Write a 10,000 word children’s story. So far: 0/10,000.
Not too worried about this one staying at zero. Realistically, I know this is going to be my summer project, when I can quite easily build ten hours or more a week in to write. I have starting jotting down some ideas though, and I’ve definitely got my main character.
2. Write 200 letters/ cards / notes / postcards. So far: 31/200.
15% is not as far as I would have liked, but isn’t bad either. I guess I’m re-learning how to be a letter writer!
3. Swim twice a week. So far: 1/104.
Well, as I left my gym, I’ve also left the pool. But in May-September (yay, warm months!) I’m hoping to join as a swim only member, which should bump the numbers up nicely. 🙂
4. Go for three months without buying anything from Starbucks (June, July and August). This should help with #10 and #13 too! So far: 0/92.
I haven’t been to Starbucks in ages…but this only counts in June, July, and August!
5. Write a blog post a day for the whole of 2012. 60/366.
6. Go for three months with no alcoholic beverages (January, March, and May). This should help with #10 and #13 too! So far: 31/93.
The second month of this starts today…..
7. Complete all 52 weeks of a Project Life book and send it off to be published. So far: 8/52.
I am loving Project Life! I love recording my little life, and seeing how others are doing with theirs too.
8. Give blood. So far: 0/1
Hannah and I have said we’re going to do this soon!
9. Read 52 books in the 52 weeks of 2012. So far: 8/52.
Quite happy with this – school and life have been really busy, so getting through books at all feels like a major personal triumph.
10. Become ‘overweight’ rather than ‘obese’. So far: 7/66.
I was so happy to be 10 pounds lighter by the end of January…then February arrived! Who knew wine and too many fun evenings with girlfriends could be so lethal for one’s waistline?
OK, I know, we all did. Back on this in a big way now – walking and eating veggies like a mad thing!
11. Volunteer for 3 hours per months (or equivalent of). So far: 7/36.
Still on target, and plenty planned for March!
12. Walk 500 Miles.** So far: 75/500.
15%….need a wee bit more, but getting there I feel.
13. Have the equivalent of 2 months salary saved up for a rainy day. So far: 72%/100%
14. Go out and have fun, do things (parties, movies, gigs, theatre etc.) at least 4 times a month. So far: 15/48.
Loving being more social.
So there are the cold hard facts. Some good, some bad, some all over! At the next check in we’ll be 1/4 of the way through the year….
How are your New Years’ resolutions / ambitions going?