A quarter of 2012 has come and gone….how are the ambitions going?
1. Write a 10,000 word children’s story. So far: 0/10,000.
As I’ve said before, not too worried about this one – I have some ideas and first pages jotted down – this one I expect to leap up over summer break, where I aim to spend twenty hours a week writing.
2. Write 200 letters/ cards / notes / postcards. So far: 55/200.
Just over the quarter mark – happy and on target.
3. Swim twice a week. So far: 1/104.
My phobia of being in a swimsuit and lack of a pool membership need to be worked on….
4. Go for three months without buying anything from Starbucks (June, July and August). This should help with #10 and #13 too! So far: 0/92.
To come…..I’ll save so much money!
5. Write a blog post a day for the whole of 2012. 92/366.
Still on target, and enjoying feeling more connected and part of the ‘blogosphere’. There are so many cool people, so many cool blogs, and so much to write about!
6. Go for three months with no alcoholic beverages (January, March, and May). This should help with #10 and #13 too! So far: 54/93.
I came unstuck on this last month. I’ve managed parties, pub nights, work events without a drink….and then a friend needed to put the world to rights over a bottle of red. And I fell off the wagon. I hope I can manage May, and will be bummed that I didn’t make the total!
7. Complete all 52 weeks of a Project Life book and send it off to be published. So far: 12/52.
Going well, and reminding me to take my camera to places!
8. Give blood. So far: 0/1
9. Read 52 books in the 52 weeks of 2012. So far: 14/52.
Feels so good to be reading more and to be back in the habit. Very pleased to be bang on target – particularly with vacation time to come!
10. Become ‘overweight’ rather than ‘obese’. So far: 3/66.
This has utterly fallen apart, after a strong start, and is a whole other blog post. Very upset about this, but am hoping to use the Easter break to sort myself out. I cannot go on like this.
11. Volunteer for 3 hours per months (or equivalent of). So far: 18/36.
Ooooooh! We’re halfway there! Oh-oh! Livin’ on a prayer!
Determined to smash this one.
12. Walk 500 Miles.** So far: 130/500.
13. Have the equivalent of 2 months salary saved up for a rainy day. So far: 73%/100%
This is going well…..but as we’ve just bought a house and will be spending pennies on that, I’m more than happy to not make this particular target!
14. Go out and have fun, do things (parties, movies, gigs, theatre etc.) at least 4 times a month. So far: 25/48.
So good to be being more social. 🙂
Did you make any new year’s resolutions, lovelies? How are they going?