I can barely believe it’s May! That being said, looking at the weather today (grey, cold, dismal, cardigan on and heating cranked up), I’m not sure London is convinced it’s May either. Hurrah for cups of tea and central heating and Heinz tomato soup!
1. Write a 10,000 word children’s story. So far: 0/10,000.
Can’t wait to get into this for summer. I have lots of scraps of paper piling up with notes and ideas on.
2. Write 200 letters/ cards / notes / postcards. So far: 132/200.
Woot! Well over halfway! Hurrah for holidays, house moves, and lots of celebrations needing stationery.
3. Swim twice a week. So far: 1/104.
#Clairefail. Once the house is sorted, I need to get to work on this!
4. Go for three months without buying anything from Starbucks (June, July and August). This should help with #10 and #13 too! So far: 0/92.
5. Write a blog post a day for the whole of 2012. 119/366.
Bar a little two post wobble over the house move, this is going well!
6. Go for three months with no alcoholic beverages (January, March, and May). This should help with #10 and #13 too! So far: 54/93.
Back on it!
7. Complete all 52 weeks of a Project Life book and send it off to be published. So far: 15/52.
I’m a little behind, but am hoping to do two/three posts (covering Mogán and the house move) to gain pace.
8. Give blood. So far: 0/1
Hannah and I are planning to diariariase this at the weekend.
9. Read 52 books in the 52 weeks of 2012. So far: 22/52.
Almost halfway there! And now I’m back to a longer commute each morning and evening, I’m hoping to keep my game going on this.
10. Become ‘overweight’ rather than ‘obese’. So far: 0/66.
🙁 I’ve been yoyoing for the past few months – moving and packing and planning has kept me off task. I’ve also been way too ambitious (as ever) – I think I’ll be happy to see any loss, let alone 66 pounds. Need to refocus and get on this.
11. Volunteer for 3 hours per months (or equivalent of). So far: 18/36.
Ahead of target, woo!
12. Walk 500 Miles.** So far: 200/500.
Am hoping for some drier weather so I can get moving on this! Doing okay, but I’d like to smash this target!
13. Have the equivalent of 2 months salary saved up for a rainy day. So far: 0%/100%
RESET: As the money I was saving has been invested into our first home together, I’ve set a new target, to have £1,000 saved by the end of the year. So far: 20%/100%
14. Go out and have fun, do things (parties, movies, gigs, theatre etc.) at least 4 times a month. So far: 30/48.
Living that dream!
How are your 2012 resolutions going, my lovelies? I’m definitely looking at a mixed bag, but I can say a lot of the changes I put into play after the ‘meh’ of much of 2011 are sticking and I’m happier for it. Will be interesting to take stock in a couple of months, when we reach the halfway point…