1. Leyton mess – my lower fat version of Eton Mess. Very simple recipe to follow soon!
2. Chilled beer and unpacking, listening to tunes (some current faves at the end of this post).
3. My boy being home, and not due to go away again for ages. I love that he’s all talented and busy and in demand and all, but I prefer him here :-).
4. Smiling at people on the tube/in the street/at the store. I’ve decided to embrace my innate ‘good-at-happy’ nature and put it to good use, London protocol be dashed.
5. Sunshine + comfy bed in a south facing bedroom + good book = lazy perfection.
6. Having a bath again. Now I just need to find and unpack my good bath oils!
7. Daydreaming about what to do with the top three rooms (which are currently filled with junk, ha!).
8. Ben and Jerry’s Phish Food Froyo. Even better when it’s half off!
9. Finding a new skill – I’m fast becoming quite the Ikea furniture building pro!
10. Planning for kittens! Pet insurance is way more fun to organise than any other kind of insurance, it seems.
What’s making you super happy right now? I’d love to hear in the comments!
As promised, here are a few of my current unpacking tunes:
My boys are very into this song at the moment, and now I seem to really like it!
Warning, the next video contains some swears. But it’s also hilarious and totally makes my English major self laugh! First heard it a while back but still love it.
I like Jason Mraz’s latest:
Love this too:
Et finallement, a song I’ve liked for ages…but only figured out the name of last month.