A day late, but hopefully not a dollar short!
1. Write a 10,000 word children’s story. So far: 0/10,000.
The further we get through the year, the more I realise that this is definitely a summer project, and so was an odd choice to put top of the list!
2. Write 200 letters/ cards / notes / postcards.
So far: 137/200.
Well over halfway. Yay!
3. Swim twice a week (flexibility on this,
yearly total counts). So far: 1/104.
Note to self….join a pool!
4. Go for three months without buying anything
from Starbucks (June, July and August). This should help with #10 and #13 too! So far: 2/92.
When I set this it was going to be super hard,as a trip to Starbucks happened more days than it didn’t. Now we’ve moved areas, but it’ll still be tricky to resist the fraps!
5. Write a blog post a day for the whole of
After a clear run in Jan-Mar, I dropped a couple of posts in April, one in May, and yesterday. Oops. Some double post days should bump this total up, and I’m loving being back into blogging and reading so many awesome posts!
6. Go for three months with no alcoholic beverages (January, March, and May). This should help with #10 and #13 too! So far: 67/93.
#Clairefail. January I aced. March it took me 25 days to slip up. May was more or less a write off! I think the problem is I’m a social drinker, and while I am happy with a water or a coke, there’s something so lovely about a catch up over a beer or a delicious merlot with your dinner….What I have started to do, however, which long term is a health win, is make sure there are 2-4 days a week where I don’t drink at all. Going well so far, and my units look very decent. Huzzah!
7. Complete all 52 weeks of a Project Life book and send it off to be published. So far: 21/52.
8. Give blood. So far: 0/1
Hannah and I are going to do this soon – what with the Olympics there’s a big blood drive on. Seems the ideal time.
9. Read 52 books in the 52 weeks of 2012. So far: 27/52.
Properly back to being a bookworm and past the halfway point!
10. Become ‘overweight’ rather than ‘obese’. So far: 2/66.
Sigh. Well, the cross-trainer arrives today, so the only way is up. And by up, I mean down!
11. Volunteer for 3 hours per months (or equivalent of). So far: 24/36.
12. Walk 500 Miles.** So far: 220/500.
Going fairly well, and now I’ve mastered my commutes, more evening walks are on the cards.
13. Have the equivalent of 2 months salary saved up for a rainy day. So far: 0%/100%
RESET: As the money I was saving has been invested into our first
home together, I’ve set a new target, to have £1,000 saved by the end
of the year. So far: 40%/100%
Note to self – resist shiny things!
14. Go out and have fun, do things (parties, dinners, movies, gigs, theatre etc.) at least 4 times a month. So far: 38/48.
So glad I made this choice. It’s great to be seeing more of my wonderful friends!
So that’s the current state of affairs….next month’s round up will be the big one….the halfway point!