I’ve seen these questions doing the rounds online, so I thought I’d join in. The lovely Ashley is the most recent set of answers I’ve seen – love her sweet blog!
1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
I have been blogging since the tail end of 2005 (wow. That’s quite a long time!). A lot of things have changed since then, but much of my blog is similar – I write about my life, the people I love, and the things I enjoy!
2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
Yes, twice! I read for an MA (Hons) in English & Film Studies at the University of Aberdeen. I loved university and made some terrific friends there. I also got to do lots of musical theatre, which was a dream come true! A year and a bit after that I went to Durham University to study for my PGCE (Primary Education). Another fantastic experience, more wonderful people, and I got to enjoy the college system too (St Chad’s FTW!).
3. Where have you traveled?
A fair few places! All over the British mainland, France, Spain, Ireland, Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium, the Netherlands, Denmark, Canada, the Canaries, the US. Once Matthew and I have paid down some more on the house and I’ve finished my big attack on the student loans (as I was a maximum-loan kid over four years, there is a LOT to pay back!) I hope to do lots more travelling in Europe. This year and next year I get to go to Austria for the first and second times as we get ready for and then celebrate the marriage of Eileen and Rory. And I am longing to visit Christy, Ashley, Jenna, Amber, Jamie, Alexandra, Caroline and my grandma over the pond before long.
4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
First things first, I’d pay off our house, our parents homes, and buy houses for Nick & Elly, Sian & Chris, and Peter. Then I’d put 65% of the rest in investments, 25% to charity (I’d hope to build on this as investments came good), and would spend 10% helping/spoiling my friends and family. What a treat that would be!
5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
Spitting. Lord, how it gives me the rage. There are a lot of people who spit in Leyton. 🙁
Rudeness, and poor customer service. I’ve worked in retail etc and was always polite and helpful (even when customers were VERY rude), but lately I’ve had some extremely bad experiences. A lady whose company failed to send out two items in a order, which was already five days late, snapped at me on the phone yesterday. Bizarre, and a great way to lose my custom, frankly. Love great customer service though, and love to tip/write letters to managers. 🙂
Horrid blog comments. Constructive criticism, fine. All out rudeness? Not so fine!
6. What is your favorite movie?
Oh, hard to say. Maybe When Harry Met Sally?
7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
I’m drinking alcohol a lot less now (expensive + calorific!), but I do like a glass of crisp Sauv Blanc, or a Kwak, or a JD and coke from time to time. Most of the time I’d rather have a nice cup of tea though! And I drink gallons of water!
8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
Reading, writing letters, baking, curling up in front of a movie, knitting, crafting.
9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
Totally have to copy Ashley here – Amazon! Or maybe notonthehighstreet.com
10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.
There was a girl I met during freshers week at university whose name I didn’t know for eighteen months (we’d originally met in a bar with loud music, and I had missed her name). Cue many ‘heys’ and ‘hi, sweeties’ as I just didn’t know her name. I managed to do three group projects with her before I actually learned her (very pretty) name – Madealine!
11. What day would you love to relive again?
I’d love to be on stage in our university production of Anything Goes again. I loved the feeling of control and completeness, of having my moment in the spotlight. It’s nice to remember when I’m up late grading papers or cleaning out kitty litter!
12. If your life was turned into a movie… what actor would play you?
I can’t think of a single actress who looks like me!
13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
I worked in a greengrocers, was a babysitter, worked at church kids’ groups, waitressed, was a receptionist, worked in a show store, day nannied, au paired and was a special needs carer.
14. Show us a picture from high school or college.
I don’t have any on this computer :(. Ah, the joys of growing up in the pre-digital camera age!
15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
16. Show us the most current picture of you, or your family, or anything of meaning to you.
Kittehs and Matthew. #lifeisgood #luckygirl
17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
Very hard to say. I hope I’m happy. I hope I’m making people happy. I hope it’s a life full of laughter and cats and silliness and fun.
Oh, and naps.