August was a funny month for blogging and for blog based quests. While many fab things happened in the month, working towards a lot of these goals did not happen. So the autumn better get busy!
1. Write a 10,000 word children’s story. So far: 3,911/10,000.
Turns out that kittens and the writing process and being lazy because it’s very hot do not mix!
2. Write 200 letters/ cards / notes / postcards. So far: 150/200.
Definitely well ahead of target….huzzah!
3. Swim twice a week. So far: 2/104.
I am determined to at least hit the double figures now…
4. Go for three months without buying anything from Starbucks (June, July and August). This should help with #10 and #13 too! So far: 92/92.
Easiest ambition of all, and I saved a ton!
5. Write a blog post a day for the whole of 2012. 225/366.
I have blogged a lot this year….but then August arrived. I am hoping with a few double post days I still might hit this target, and even if I don’t, I won’t be a million miles off!
6. Go for three months with no alcoholic beverages (January, March, and May). This should help with #10 and #13 too! So far: 70/93.
7. Complete all 52 weeks of a Project Life book and send it off to be published. So far: 31/52.
Going well – and I’m loving having the posts and the book to look back on!
8. Give blood. So far: 0/1
I was foiled repeatedly this month – tummy bug. Central line failure. Extreme heat. Olympics. Booking it in soon.
9. Read 52 books in the 52 weeks of 2012. So far: 35/52.
I love being a bookworm. Summer has me slightly off target, and miles behind the magnificent Miss Christy, my reading idol! Determined to get back on this 🙂 Probably worth noting that this total is more than my yearly total in any of the last four years!
10. Become ‘overweight’ rather than ‘obese’. So far: 10/66.
66 is never going to happen this year, but I pleased with what’s happening after the disasters of earlier this year.
11. Volunteer for 3 hours per months (or equivalent of). So far: 36/36.
Like a boss….and with more opportunities ahead 🙂
Of course, surpassing it would be awesome!
12. Walk 500 Miles.** So far: 310/500.
Getting there – I’d love to reach my target 🙂
13. Have the equivalent of 2 months salary saved up for a rainy day. So far: 0%/100%
RESET: As the money I was saving has been invested into our first
home together, I’ve set a new target, to have £1,000 saved by the end
of the year. So far: 59%/100%
Over halfway (I’ve been saving for this since May).
14. Go out and have fun, do things (parties, movies, gigs, theatre etc.) at least 4 times a month. So far: 58/48.
Such fun! Love spending time with awesome people!
Keeping it going, happy with some of these and needing to work on other areas!