Trying to stay on point…

So.

I’ve been eating healthier since the final third of September, and I joined Weight Watchers not too long after.

All told I’ve lost 18 pounds, which I am super psyched about, but this week, I hit a plateau.

Now, the scientific, analytical part of my brain understands this.  After a big drop, my body needs to ‘settle’, and a stall is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.  But it still feels like a bit of a blow.  Is that silly?

I have some plans for getting the numbers moving again (more veggies, more sleep, more exercise), but I wondered – do you have any tips or words of wisdom on this, oh wise blog readers?

Meantime, I’m trying to focus on the good things – feeling perkier, more energy, fitting into my jeans – and looking forward to a drop on the scales soon!

18% there!

1. LaTosha
    24th October 2012 / 1:06 pm

Way to go, 18 lbs is AWESOME and something to be very proud of. It's a lifestyle change so slow and steady always wins the race 🙂

• Claire
      25th October 2012 / 3:47 pm

Thanks, LaTosha. That's very much my mantra at the moment!

2. Siobhan
    24th October 2012 / 5:02 pm

Excellent work on the 18 stone. Plateau is a bummer. I think that is when keeping going and remembering that it is for the long term helps? Good Luck!

• Claire
      25th October 2012 / 3:47 pm

Thanks, honey.

3. Mrs. G
    24th October 2012 / 7:42 pm

Keep focusing on the things that aren't scale-related: your increased energy, your jeans fitting better, etc. Losing 18 pounds is quite the accomplishment. Keep up the good work!

• Claire
      25th October 2012 / 3:47 pm

Thank you, m'dear!

4. Scarlet
    24th October 2012 / 11:22 pm

Awesome! I remember when I lost all the baby weight and started fitting into fun clothes again. It's all in the mind, my friend. Smaller portions, vitamins and lots of water (and a little wine to relax). I exercise cleaning the house…but I must get on the bike again soon! Thanks for the little push and encouragement. Hope I've given you some back. xo

• Claire
      25th October 2012 / 3:48 pm

Thanks, chica! Motivation is key – thanks for the pep talk!

5. libbywilko
    24th October 2012 / 11:43 pm

Wishing you all the best for continued success, 18 pounds is great. Maybe some different kids of exercise that makes you really sweat will help get those numbers moving again. I find if I am doing the same sort of exercise for too long my body gets used to it and the numbers slow or stop. Wishing you all the best.

• Claire
      25th October 2012 / 3:48 pm

Thanks sweetie. I'm hoping rowing and/or Zumba may help.

25th October 2012 / 2:07 am

WW is a great program. I have had success on it in the past.How long have you been plateauing for? If it's just one week, don't worry. That's too short a time. I think you just have to keep on keeping on. 🙂

• Claire
      25th October 2012 / 3:49 pm

Thanks honey – you're so good at this stuff! 🙂

25th October 2012 / 2:33 am

Wow, congrats! I can't think you want to lose *that* much more though. Too thin is not good.

• Claire
      25th October 2012 / 3:49 pm

Agreed, but I have a lot to lose. Gotta stay healthy and dangerous 😉

25th October 2012 / 10:56 pm

Well you looked gorgeous when I saw you! Staying dangerous is a good thing 😉

26th October 2012 / 1:43 am

Congrats on the loss!! I also used WW and lost 35 lbs but slacked off this summer so I'm back at it again! Make sure to be aware of what you're eating. I remember a woman at a meeting had plateaued and it turns out she was eating loads of cottage cheese which has a lot of sodium in it and thus was retaining water.