I love whenever I get a chance to do this meme – I love chatting about music, sharing music and enjoying music, so this lyrics game is always a favourite of mine. Surrounded as I am by marking, deadlines and Christmas cards on this Sunday evening (praise heaven for scheduled posts!), I thought I’d post this up for your Monday entertainment.
Step 1: Put your music player on shuffle.
Step 2: Post the first line (or a few ;)) from the first 30 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
Step 3: Italicise the lyrics and post the details when someone guesses both artist and track correctly.
Step 4: For those who are guessing — looking the lyrics up on a search engine is CHEATING!
Step 5: If you like the game post your own
I’ve actually been cheeky and have just done ten songs – because so many of them start with their title as their first line, haha! I think as people guess them I’ll add links or videos of the guessed songs 🙂
1. Bah humbug, but that’s too strong,
For it is my favourite holiday
2. Christmas angels sing all around us
Spread good tidings over the earth
3. It was Christmas Eve, babe,
In the drunk tank
4. Jesus our brother, strong and good
Was humbly born in a stable rude
5. It’s Christmas time,
There’s no need to be afraid
6. You know Christmas was made for the children
Destiny’s children, 2G Christmas, Destiny’s child
7. Christmas night, another fight
Tears, we cried a flood
8. Mary did you know that your baby boy would some day walk on water?
Mary did you know that your baby boy would save our sons and daughters?
9. You better watch out, you better not cry,
You better not pout, I’m telling you why,
10. Teenage girl, much too young
Unprepared for what’s to come