It’s Friday, and I’m linking up with the lovely Kelly!
Matthew and I are both busy folk (aren’t we all?), so making time to hang out together is a real treat and a frequent priority.
Here, in no particular order, are ten of our favourite date scenarios:
1. After a long week at work we sometimes just head straight home Friday, order some takeout, and watch a boxset. So simple, so lovely.
2. An impromptu dinner after work is a great way to touch base. My commute goes past Matthew’s offices, so if I’m free I’ll often text and see if he’s free for a quick meal!
3. We are getting more and more into taking longer, planned walks – I’d like to do some of the Thames River Path this year.
4. Come to think of it, getting outdoors is aways a treat – we love to take wanders in Londons beautiful parks, or to go feed the ducks!
5. Indoor picnics. As brilliant as they sound. And always remind me a little of Abed and Troy’s blanket fort in Community!
6. A day of football or darts – Matthew loves these sports and I enjoy them too, and watching a couple of matches together with some yummy treats is a weekend staple.
7. Grabbing dinner with another couple is a great chance to reconnect *and* socialise. We love going to Bodeans with Dan and Brigitte or Belgo with Eileen and Rory, and many other lovely food/company combos.
8. Going to gigs or the theatre ot the movies is growing in popularity as a date option too!
9. We also love a day out, just following our noses – coffee then a walk, lunch then shopping, a glass of wine then dinner…..I love when we can make time to hang out.
10. Ultimately, any time together is a treat. A cup of tea, some board games, a movie or a meal; I’m just always happy to spend a little time with my boy. /soppy
Looking forward to reading up and finding some date based inspiration!