Wedding Ideas: First Dance Songs (21-30)

Part 3…..of ten!  Choosing the music for the wedding is truly one of the greatest fun tasks on the list!

1. Adele – Make You Feel My Love

Originally done by Dylan, reimagined beautifully by Adele.

2. Jimmy Durante – Make Someone Happy

Love this song, and it’s mercifully short too if you’re a nervous dancer. Sleepless in Seattle for the win.

3. Ben Folds – The Luckiest

Genuinely one of the most romantic songs I know.

4. The Wannadies – You and Me Song

So fabulously 90s! Love this song – upbeat and fun and silly!

5. Regina Spektor – Better, or Samson, or Us!

The girl gives excellent song.

6. Lumineers – Ho Hey

How adorable would this be at a wedding?

7. Elton John – Your Song

Such a classic song.

8. Nat ‘King’ Cole – Let There Be Love

I will never tire of his voice. Beautiful.

9. Alison Krauss and Union Station – Baby, Now That I’ve Found You

I could listen to Alison Krauss sing for days! Such a beautiful version of a very pretty song.

10. Semisonic – Closing Time

Good Lord, this song reminds me of university. Such a sweet song to start a marriage….”I know who I want to take me home….” Also, watching the video makes me totally nostalgic for the nineties – in the present day with mobiles and smartphones the narrative would be very different!

6th August 2013 / 7:38 pm

I just can't listen to "Ho Hey" at all, voluntarily anyway, since it has been so overplayed on the radio here. I haven't heard some of these but I like Regina Spektor.

• Claire T
      8th August 2013 / 9:11 am

Have you heard the version done by the two little girls on 'Nashville'? It's adorable!

2. Monica
    6th August 2013 / 7:53 pm

Your picks continue to be amazing. How are you ever going to choose one??

• Claire T
      8th August 2013 / 9:12 am

I imagine the whittling down will take a good long while! A fun job though 🙂

3. Andrew_tM
    7th August 2013 / 10:03 pm

Not a traditional suggestion, but Chrissi and I used R.E.M's "It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)" as the entrance music for our wedding reception. We'd been passing back and forth silly song suggestions and this perfectly struck the right balance for us of quirky, fun and a little original!

• Claire T
      8th August 2013 / 9:12 am

Love that song. What a great choice for an entrance song! love the quirkier picks.

4. Siobhan
    13th August 2013 / 9:24 am

YOU AND ME ALWAYS AND FOREVER. I love that song. Possibly a little bit too much. BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH AND FOREVER. Ahem.