I found this floating around on my blog from a few years back and felt like sharing, because it is the season…a fun Christmas meme.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I love wrapping gifts with all the possible ribbons and bows, but am also a sucker for a nifty gift bag!
2. Real tree or Artificial?
We are a fake tree household – Dave and Davina rock our socks. I do love the smell of a real tree, and in a later season of life we’ll no doubt do a ‘real’ tree at least once.
3. When do you put up the tree?
November 25th, put up to a soundtrack of Christmas songs, drinking mulled wine and eating mince pies.
4. When do you take the tree down?
On January 6th (sometimes the day before) as tradition dictates.
5. Do you like eggnog?
I have never tried it!
6. Favorite (or most memorable) gift received as a child?
My Raleigh Bluebird bike!
7. Hardest person to buy for?
Matthew’s lovely mum.
8. Easiest person/s to buy for?
Matthew, the niecelet, and my best girls. Such fun!
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes – I love it, and remembering what all this hoopla is really about.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail if at all possible & I also try to check in by email too, it’s a lovely time of year to catch up with folk!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Surely it’s a little churlish to complain about gifts? Anything sincerely given is a treat!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
So many to choose from! The Muppet Christmas Carol, Elf, It’s A Wonderful Life, Love Actually, Die Hard, Home Alone…
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
If I see nice things earlier in the year I’ll pick them up, other than that it’s probably from October, giftwise. Food happens mid-December.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Not in a regift way, although I have passed on things I can’t or don’t use to friends or siblings (par example things I don’t eat or drink, earrings I can’t wear (ears not pierced), or books and suchlike which are duplicates).
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce sandwiches. Nom nom nom!
16. What do you want for Christmas?
Sweet, sweet nourishing sleep. And some perfume.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
O Holy Night, Once In Royal David’s City, Christmas Wrapping, Fairytale of New York, O Little Town of Bethlehem, and many others…
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
We do Christmas in London each year – this will be our fifth! We always endeavour to go and see family too though – we went to Scotland last weekend and are just back from the north-east yesterday.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s?
Dasher, Donner, Blitzen, Prancer, Comet, Cupid, Dancer, Vixen, Rudolph. Yeah!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Star on Dave, bow on Davina.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning is stockings as we eat bacon rolls and drink bucks fizz. Once the dinner is on and we are showered and dressed we hit the presents from others.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
You are asking the wrong person!
23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color?
Red/green/gold, with a splash of silver or white. I’m a traditional kind of girl.
24. Favorite for Christmas Dinner?
Turkey and all the trimmings, please.
25. What do you want to do for Christmas this year?
Please see question 16.
Two sleeps, people!