(Other potential blog post titles? “Unsolicited advice” or “Brain barf”)
1.You have talent and time.
3. Invest in decent work clothes. Seriously, workwear you can depend on is awesome.
4. You are what you eat…in that if you eat crap, you’re likely going to feel crap.
5. Some people just won’t like you.
6. Enthusiasm + experience = EPICNESS.
7. Baking a cake is a great mood lifter.
8. Walking is awesome.
9. Don’t yuck someone else’s yum (this rule can apply to a lot of life areas!).
10. We all get down sometimes.
11. Thank heavens for your people.
12. Dance, and don’t give two hoots who is or isn’t watching.
13. Be kind.
14. Spending time in the company of creatures you love (be they human, cat, dog, or something else) replenishes the soul.
15. Write notes. Send flowers. Be there.
16. Be grateful.
17. Try your best.
18. Marry someone who makes you laugh.
19. Make plans.
20. Sometimes, abandon plans!
21. Tea fixes most things.
22. Say sorry with your whole heart.
23. A snuggly jumper is a wondeful thing.
24. Few pleasures are truly guilty.
25. Be gentle.
26. Be strong.
27. People are going to talk behind your back. Sometimes, it’ll be nice stuff. Often, it won’t be. Cope, rise above, react if you feel the need. But it’s always going to happen.
28. Comparison is the thief of joy.
29. Taylor Swift writes a darn good pop song.
30. People who dominate in meetings are rarely the smartest people in the room.
31. Rereading a favourite book is never a bad call.
32. No one else will notice that spot / kinked hair / scuffed shoe. They’re all worrying about themselves!
33. If all else fails, take a nap.