#100daysoffresh: Days 26 – 30

This little challenge continues and is really making me think about what I eat and how my food is presented. This past week has been a busy one, so much of my freshness has been sourced outside of the house, or has been made up at breakfast. One great thing about this task? It’s really reminded me how much I love fresh produce!

Day 26

A calm and cosy Sunday at home, started off with one of my favourite brunches – wholemeal toast, crunchy peanut butter, and banana slices. I don’t often buy bananas but had these in for my parents’ visit, and loved them as an addition to my PB on toast, sweet and satisfying.

Day 27

At the Dell event this week the vegetarian breakfast option was this gorgeous avo toast topped with a broiled heirloom tomato.  So, so yummy.

Day 28

More of the lovely avo toast, with fresh coffee, homemade bread and marmalade.

Day 29

Probably the least photogenic entry this far! This week of being veggie has really been a bit of an energy rollercoaster – I think cutting out so many protein sources at once just knocked me for six. So when I stopped for a late afternoon snack at Eat, I needed big food, stat. This rustic bread with red pepper tapenade, rocket, avocado and feta was *just* what I needed. Filling, tasty, and fresh.

Day 30

A morning at home called for a big old bowl of fruit salad for breakfast – apple, kiwi, grapes and strawberry. Morning sweet treat!

So much yumminess. I’m wondering – what’s your go-to fresh breakfast?

1. Jasmin Charlotte
    21st May 2016 / 3:48 pm

I think this is such a good idea – I might start it up myself as I'm always useless at thinking about fresh food! I love a good avo on toast x

• Claire
      22nd May 2016 / 6:21 pm

Oh do join in, it's such fun – really has changed how I plan my meals (even on weeks when I'm on the hoof a lot!).

2. Rebecca Powell
    22nd May 2016 / 7:02 pm

omgosh this is making me hungry! I really need to try to start meal planning, i always make plans but loose the memento half way through the week!Beccawww.QueenBeeBecca.com

• Claire
      23rd May 2016 / 8:56 am

It can be so tricky, right? I always try to stick with it if I can, but everyone slips from time to time 🙂

3. Philocalist
    22nd May 2016 / 7:08 pm

Omg I have to say I'm way too attached to my convinience food. I think I'm going to need to take the challenge I think! The veggie breakfast with avo and tomato looks lovely.JessPhilocalist.co.uk

• Claire
      23rd May 2016 / 8:57 am

It was beyond good – I'm planning a return visit soon just to have it again!

4. Lady Fi
    22nd May 2016 / 7:15 pm

Mmm — delicious with fresh food and fruit!

• Claire
      23rd May 2016 / 8:57 am

Love my fresh produce – always producing colourful, lovely meals!

5. Kelly
    22nd May 2016 / 8:04 pm

What delicious looking photos! Your avo toast with the tomato makes me wish my plants would hurry up and start producing! Yellows are some of my favorites. I think my blogging buddy in Newcastle refers to that top dish as Bannofee Toast? I always think of Elvis when it comes to PB and bananas. 🙂

• Claire
      23rd May 2016 / 8:58 am

Haha, I hadn't made the Elvis link but it does make sense – not sure I'd add it to a burger though….

6. last year's girl
    25th May 2016 / 10:01 am

This is something I'm really trying to work on myself – fresh food just looks so much better, doesn't it, as well as being massively better for you!Lis / last year's girl x

• Claire
      25th May 2016 / 10:58 am

I always feel so much better when I make sure to eat fresh!

7. Emma Matthews
    25th May 2016 / 11:12 am

The veggie breakfast at Dell looks delicious! I was a vegetarian for a couple of years and felt so much better and healthier doing it.Emma | EMMAMATTHEWS.CO.UK

• Claire
      25th May 2016 / 4:02 pm

We're eating less and less meat (and better quality, well-farmed meat when we do) and I feel *so* much better for it!

8. Emma Iannarilli
    26th May 2016 / 9:53 am

I love the look of the avocado on toast, definitely going to try that.