London: Bottle Apostle, East Village, Stratford

I’ve written before about how much I love living in East London, and about all the cute spots that are cropping up in the East Village as that area of Stratford grows and develops (you can read my review of Tina We Salute You, one of those businesses, here). There are more and more places opening each months, including shops, restaurants, beauty salons and cafes.  And….a cracking wine and spirits shop.

Matthew and I both love wine and beer, so a great shop with a decent selection of both is always going to be on our radar.  We popped down to check Bottle Apostle out earlier this month and loved it, I think it will be a firm favourite when we want new wines for dinner parties; interesting, quirky craft beers, and spirits for new cocktail creations.

The selection of wines is really stellar – as well as old favourites there are intresting selections from Austria, Portugal, Brazil…

Look at the colours of the liqueurs on that top shelf – that Violette one with its gorgeous purple hue is firmly on my wishlist.

There’s a lovely long table for sitting and sipping, and wondrous Enomatic machines where you can try a sample glass or two before you buy.  I loved this space – I may take my laptop there one Friday and do some writing as it’s as lovely as any cafe!

Wine, glorious wine.

There are always events advertised. Clearly ‘Holy Cheese Mountain’ is firmly on my to-do list, and ‘Mums of East Village’ sounds like the Real Housewives spinoff we are all waiting for.

There are lots of great beers as well – Matthew had to buy one called ‘Spreadsheet Ninja’ for the name alone.

I’m so happy that Bottle Apostle have opened a store at this side of town (they also have shops in Clapham, Crouch End, Primrose Hill and Victoria Park Village), and am looking forward to popping back often for wine, beer and cocktail making supplies.

Where do you buy alcoholic delights?

Bottle Apostle,
Unit 7.2, 3-4 West Park Walk, East Village
London
E20 1DH

29th May 2016 / 8:48 pm

Seeing this post made me wish that I could enjoy alcoholic beverages. I like the taste of some of them, but they make me so sleeeeeeeepy. That shop is lovely, and definitely looks like a soothing place to sit and chat or read.

• Claire
      30th May 2016 / 10:20 am

It's so lovely, and a really wonderful addition to the neighbourhood.

2. Erin Niimi-Longhurst
    29th May 2016 / 9:54 pm

If you EVER need someone to come with you for the Holy Cheese Mountain, you know who to call (or snapchat!) Erin xxislandbell.co.uk

• Claire
      30th May 2016 / 10:21 am

Oh my goodness, yes! I'll keep my eyes peeled.

3. Charlotte Colours and Carousels
    30th May 2016 / 10:43 am

Holy Cheese Mountain sounds like my kind of activity! I love the look of those liquers, I'm not a huge wine drinker aside from a White Zinfandel Rose but I do love a wee cocktail! xxCharlotte / Colours & Carousels

• Claire
      30th May 2016 / 11:41 am

Cocktails are such a passion of mine – I'm making more and more at home, and so enjoying experimenting!

4. Jacquard Flower
    30th May 2016 / 1:53 pm

Looks like a wonderful store. Gemma xwww.jacquardflower.uk

5. Abby
    30th May 2016 / 4:57 pm

Wow, thanks for the tour – so many wines! We buy our booze at the liquor store down the street that isn't blogworthy at all. Thanks for stopping by my place, you have a lovely blog here – very inspiring! I'll be back for more!

6. Emma Iannarilli
    31st May 2016 / 8:09 pm

How gorgeous, this is just like a treasure trove of wine. Such a beautiful store too.

7. Emma Copland
    1st June 2016 / 9:39 am

I didn't even know this place existed it looks so lovely. Maybe we should have a wine and laptop Friday together soon. Emma Inks

8. Natalia Molinero
    1st June 2016 / 4:37 pm

They look really nice, I would like to see what beers they've got as I would enjoy them more!