1. Last Wednesday I was invited along to a lovely event at Be At One Wimpole Street to celebrate the publication in paperback of Candace Bushnell’s Killing Monica. Having enjoyed the book and meeting Candace when she was over promoting the hardback I was delighted to pop along to toast the occasion! I loved learning how to make the perfect mojito, mingling with some fellow book fans, and picking up some brow tips from the Benefit experts.
2. The lovely folks at Sofa Sofa sent me some fab cushions to try out – I opted for a nautical stripe. I love how they look in our sitting room, they are so squishy and comfortable. Poppet also highly approves of the roomy box they came in – it’s her new favourite thing!
3. On Monday I attended the first meeting of pizza club. A few of us had got chatting on twitter about our love for dough and the many places that do epic pizza here in London. Before you knew it dates were being thrown around and Vicky, Emma and I were off for amazing pizza at Homeslice. Sharing a giant pie and some chilly margaritas was a brilliant way to upgrade our Mondays!
4. I’m reading Emma Gannon‘s debut memoir, Ctrl Alt Delete. It’s a good read so far, with plenty of food for thought. Some chapters have me nodding along, others remind me that I grew up in a more innocent time, internet wise. Thank heavens.
5. On Saturday I met up with an old, dear friend, the gorgeous Lou (she introduced me to Matthew, trivia fans). Lou and I have been to the Fringe festival in Edinburgh together twice, and share a mutual love of silly, funny, sweary comedy. When we spotted that Sammy J and Randy were playing a gig in London, we had to be there. It was so wonderful to catch up and to crack up at the gig. Sammy’s so talented and such a nice guy, too (yeah, we did the photo request thing afterwards….).
Sammy J and Randy are playing some gigs in the UK and Ireland before Randy takes his show to the Fringe next month. I love that little purple guy. Speaking of the Fringe, beeteedubs, if you’re in Edinburgh next month and are a fan of laughter, music, gin and/or boobs, I’d urge you to cehck out the divine Katie Brennan in her Quarter-Life Crisis show. Katie is such a talented and generous performer (as well as a cherished friend) and I love her performances whenever I’m lucky enough to attend. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll want to hug her (10/10 hugs too, would recommend).
|Photo taken by Pablo on KB’s phone. Totally snaffled, thanks guyz.|
6. Speaking opf the divine Miss B, on Friday I got to go have pizza and gossip with her and a bunch of the Bangarang beauties. I am so, so grateful to have bloggy friends like them and laugh like a madwoman whenever we get together. One thing that always worried me about working from home was not having colleagues to chat to, learn with, and grow alongside – I’m thankful for these girls and all the other great friends I’ve made through this little space. Blog colleagues, yay!
7. Salads, sandwiches and sushi. Hurrah for meals that require little or no cooing in this heat. Yuki Gomi’s cookbook is proving a godsend!
|Fry loves the fan!|
8. Cats! My little buddies have been getting lots of attention and fusses as we try to keep cool in the heat wave.
9. A new haircut came at just the right time, leaving my mop feeling fresh and kempy. My hairstylist (shoutout to Keiran at Headmasters Soho) has been doing my hair for three years now and is so great at given me a stylish, versatile ‘do. He’s also got the best chat.
10. Yesterday I got to go play on a boat (sorry, ship) with Katy and Charlie, thanks to Royal Caribbean. We had so much fun exploring the facilities, looking around, getting mildly lost and getting properly into our mini-golf. Full report to follow, but I adored a day in the sun exploring a kind of holiday I’ve never done before.
How was your week, lovelies? Hope your Monday has started well!