Happy Monday/Ten Happy Things #14

It has been genuinely one of the most rollercoaster-y (NB I don’t think that’s a word….but it totally should be!) weeks in memory, but there’s been so much good, too. So as I write this up, full of cold, still disappointed that the trains failed to get me to Bristol for my godson’s christening (love you, little guy – will visit soon!), the overall mood is sunny (unlike the grey London skies today). Add in the fact that it’s getting cooler and cooler, Halloween is just around the corner, and the diary is filling up with time with some gorgeous folk…and you have the perfect frame of mind for a Happy Monday post!

So….It’s Monday, it’s the start of the week, and I’m joining up as ever with Katy and Jasmin for a lovely, positive start to the week. Let’s go!

1. I have a godson!

My darling friend Naomi was kind enough to ask me to be godmother to her and her husband’s handsome and intelligent little guy (don’t even try to argue with me, I am entirely biased in my godson’s favour and he’s clearly going to be one of the most amazing, clever, kind and talented humans ever). While Network Rail prevented me making the ceremony yesterday (note, a cold-ridden thirtysomething welling up on a train is never a good look) I am so excited to go visit him and his parents soon! Perhaps wearing my fairy godmother wings….

2. Baby shower fun

How sweet is this cake from Anges de Sucre?

On Saturday I headed down to the west of the city to celebrate my friend Christa at her beautiful baby shower. Christa and I met 5 years ago at the ‘Super Saturday’ event which introduced us to Junior League and I’m so grateful to have a friend as kind and special as she is (I’ve made so many amazing friends and connections through the League!), and am so excited for this next exciting phase of her life. So looking forward to meeting the bambino, and loved catching up with some awesome ladies.

3. Babysitting a buddy

The latter half of last week truly was baby-tacular. On Friday I got to babysit one of my favourite little guys, which was super fun and had me digging deep for my ex-babysitter, ex-nanny skills! We had a great time going to playgroup, walking around and looking at the autumn colour, playing, and singing a tonne of Disney (and some karaoke favourites, too. Heart, anyone?).

4. Getting to give back

I really enjoyed popping over to do some volunteering in Tower Hamlets last week, and am excited to do some more volunteering through November and December!

5. Pride and Prejudice (with two actors)

On Friday evening I went along to the Greenwich Theatre to review a production of Pride and Prejudice – with two actors playing all the roles. I’ll be writing a full review soon, but spoiler alert, it was wonderful….and now out on tour before curling up in the West End ahead of Christmas!

6. Cooking with John Lewis and some of my favourite folk

On Wednesday I was invited along by John Lewis to do some festive cookery at the Waitrose cookery school, and got to spend time with some of my favourite folk while doing so. I’ll be sharing some festive tips and tricks and recipes from the night soon (I tend to not get too Christmassy on the blog until November hits….and then, watch out!), but it really was a tremendously fun event. The tree bedecked with gorgeous baubles had me planning some new decorations to compliment our existing goodies. Love the festive season!

7. A bit of grooming and self-care

Sometimes a blow-dry and a good manicure is just what the doctor ordered. I may be cold-y at the moment but my hair and nails look fierce.

8. Bad TV with Shona

Whether it’s The Apprentice with a glass of vino, or a triple bill of Nashville with a Domino’s, I love our cosy catch ups!

9. Date night with a difference

Gosh I’m glad I’m getting a new phone soon….

On Thursday Matthew and I got to go along to the Ceremony of the Keys at the Tower of London. Full of pomp and ceremony (and with no photos allowed, fact fans), it was a unique and very London way to spend and evening. Coupled with Bodeans and a little walk by the river it was a great, lowkey date night. I love when our schedules work out and we can carve out some midweek time together!

10. Slowing down

As it gets darker and colder, I can feel everything slowing. Relaxing. Taking a beat. And it’s wonderful.

Have a glorious week, all!

1. LaaLaa Monroe
    24th October 2016 / 11:31 am

Aw congratulations on becoming a godmother, such a lovely and trusting job. I just had to help my mum get a gift for a baby shower that was yesterday – last minute gift – managed to find a great gift a keepsake box with drawers was a gorgeous gift even if I say so myself lol. x

2. ana de jesus
    24th October 2016 / 2:34 pm

Aw congrats on becoming a godmother you must be so happy lovely! The cake looks fab as well xx

3. Stephanie Merry
    24th October 2016 / 2:53 pm

Congrats on becoming a godmother and I have to say I have serious cake envy right now – the baby shower cake is amazing! x

4. Sarah-Louise Bailey
    24th October 2016 / 3:14 pm

Happy Monday and what a great list of 10 things! Congratulations on becoming a godmother! x

5. beautyqueenuk
    24th October 2016 / 8:13 pm

Happy Monday lovely and congrats on the addition of a godson x

6. Anosa Malanga
    24th October 2016 / 8:35 pm

Aww how lovely, I am a godmother too and it's just the best.Happy Monday

7. Rhian Westbury
    24th October 2016 / 8:47 pm

Wow that baby shower cake looks amazing, and congrats on becoming a godmother x

8. Mellissa Williams
    24th October 2016 / 9:03 pm

I'm jealous you went to a John Lewis cookery school and well done on being a Godmother

9. Annie Bean
    24th October 2016 / 9:57 pm

It was lovely to meet you at the John Lewis event! Our duck tasties were quite delicious werent they! X

10. Liz Mays
    25th October 2016 / 2:44 am

I'm loving the way you spend time. You make my days look impossibly boring. How exciting with your friend's baby coming!

11. Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes
    25th October 2016 / 5:51 am

Congratulations on becoming a god mother, that's lovely news.

12. Emma Copland
    25th October 2016 / 9:57 am

It suck that you didn't make it to the ceremony but you are going to be the best godmother ever! You absolutely have to wear your wings on the next visit. Emma Inks

13. Dannii Martin
    25th October 2016 / 10:09 am

Congrats on becoming a godparent! That's such a lovely thing to be asked. The baby shower sounds fun too.

14. Sarah Irving
    25th October 2016 / 1:14 pm

Such lovely positive things, especially becoming a Godmother. Congratulations, they will be lucky to have you in their life 🙂 I have never been to a baby shower as I always end up getting a cold and not wanting to give it to Mum, so it was nice hearing about the one you went to 🙂

15. Hannah Heartss
    25th October 2016 / 7:17 pm

How amazing you're a godparent now – congratulations! Sounds like you have had a great week x

16. Jodie Whitham
    25th October 2016 / 8:22 pm

What a lovely positive post 🙂 congrats on being a godmum, it must be incredible. Sorry you missed the ceremony, but sure you will see many lovely occasions in the future! Still not read pride and prejudice but your passion makes me want to

17. Nayna Kanabar
    25th October 2016 / 8:57 pm

Sounds like you certainly had a busy week doing some fun nice things.

18. Lilinha Angel
    25th October 2016 / 10:21 pm

So many great things – well done on becoming a godmother! :)http://lilinhaangel.com/

19. Tanya Brannan
    27th October 2016 / 3:00 pm

Congratulations on becoming a godmother!! It is such a shame you missed the ceremony, but I am sure you will make up for time lost. I love the idea of Pride and Prejudice with two actors, I bet it was very entertaining!