In the interests of sheer good fun, let’s play a game.
This is a meme that used to do the rounds on facebook and myspace (yes, myspace!) back in the day, as well as being featured on this here blog a few times and it’s just good fun. Who doesn’t love a pub quiz moment where you get to show off your knowledge?
Step 1: Put your music player on shuffle.
Step 2: Post the first line (or a few ;)) from the first 30 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
Step 3: Italicise the lyrics and post the details when someone guesses both artist and track correctly*
Step 4: For those who are guessing — looking the lyrics up on a search engine is CHEATING!
Step 5: If you like the game post your own
*I’ll even add a YouTube link, because music is for sharing 🙂
1. It’s okay, I’m good. Let’s go.
2. What an amazing time
What a family
How did the years go by?
Now it’s only me
What You Waiting For? – Gwen Stefani (Laura – way to go!)
3. Don’t you know
So many things they come and go?
4. I gotta take a little time
A little time to think things over
5. She was a fast machine she kept her motor clean
She was the best damn woman that I ever seen
6. I been livin for the weekend
But no not anymore
7. The world was on fire and no one could save me but you.
It’s strange what desire will make foolish people do.
8. I ain’t the kind you take home to mama
I ain’t the kind to wear no ring
9. Hello, hello, baby, you called?
I can’t hear a thing
Telephone – Lady Gaga and Beyoncé (well done Jenny K!)
10. Oceans apart day after day
And I slowly go insane
Right Here Waiting – Richard Marx (well done, Laura!)
11. It doesn’t hurt me.
Do you want to feel how it feels?
12. Don’t be so quick to walk away
Dance with me
13. People like you always want back the love they gave away
And people like me wanna believe you when you say you’ve changed
14. Popping bottles in the ice, like a blizzard
When we drink we do it right gettin slizzard
Like a G6 – Far East Movement (Laura)
15. I hopped off the plane at L.A.X.
With a dream and my cardigan
Party in the USA – Miley Cyrus (Laura)
16. I would take the stars
Out of the sky for you
17. Worn and haggard, weathered and torn
Drug through the keyhole of that back door
Making Me Look Good Again – Drake White (Laura)
18. Oh, well, imagine,
As I’m pacing the pews in a church corridor,
19. It was a theme she had
On a scheme he had
Told in a foreign land
20. I wanna walk that line a little crooked
And live my life a little on the rocks
21. What if I told you about my little nothing town
The two room house where I came from
If I Told You – Darius Rucker (Laura)
22. To the left, to the left
To the left, to the left,
Everything you own in a box to the left
Irreplaceable – Beyoncé (Jenny K)
23. There’s nothing like summer in the city
Someone under stress meets someone looking pretty
24. Bet you think I’m sitting at home. No.
Bet you think that I’m all alone. No.
Somewhere On A Beach – Dierks Bentley (Laura)
25. I’m busy throwing hints that he keeps missing
Don’t have to think about it
Push The Button – Sugababes (Jenny K)
26. Right now you are down and out and feeling really crappy
And when I see how sad you are it sort of makes me…
27. On a boat, on a beach
In the water, in the sand
In the back of a bar
Cold beer in your hand
You Look Good – Lady Antebellum (Laura)
28. Her hair is Harlow gold
Her lips sweet surprise
29. Dry lightning cracks across the skies
Those storm clouds gather in her eyes
Blown Away – Carrie Underwood (Laura)
30. There is freedom within
There is freedom without
Try to catch a deluge in a paper cup
Don’t Dream It’s Over – Crowded House (Laura)
Good luck, quizzers!